Nature of business
The co-operative operates in the Central- and Southern Cape, as well as the Overberg. The main objectives and activities of the co-operative remained largely unchanged during the year under review, namely:
- Supplying farming equipment, mechanisation, engineering services and erection of steel stores and services to its members and other clients;
- Processing of grain seed;
- Handling, storage and marketing of producers’ grain products by means of silos;
- 22 AgriLand retail branches offering a one-stop shopping experience
- Supply insurance broker services;
- Supply services such as credit provision and agricultural management services.
In addition, the co-operative is involved in subsidiaries, associates and a joint venture as shown in our latest Group Annual Report.