The 9 silo complexes at SSK (Swellendam / Heidelberg / Krombeksrivier / Protem / Karringmelksrivier / Ashton / Riversdale / Albertinia / Herold) as well as the bag depot at Kleinberg have a total fixed storage capacity close to 320 m / ton.
SSK also has alternative methods of storing grain as a short-term storage solution.
We receive, store and dispatch wheat, malting barley, feed barley, oats, and canola, maize, triticale, and coriander seeds.
Our silos are fully equipped with modern equipment to render a professional service to both our clients and members. These services include:
- Grading – by qualified personnel
- Weighing – Accredited and certified weigh bridges
- Grain Drying – Modern dryers
- Grain ventilation – Ability to store grain at a higher moisture content
- Grain Cleaning – Normal and gravitational cleaners
- Fumigation – by qualified personnel
- Bagging – from 50 kg to 1000kg bags
All silo facilities are easily accessible from the main roads, and most have certified and operational sidings (except Krombeks, Herold Silos and Kleinberg Depot).
Each and every silo is listed with SAFEX (Excluding Herold Silo and Kleinberg Depot).